Prostate cancer is a life-changing disease. It begins in the tissues of the prostate gland that is responsible for the production of semen. If caught early, prostate cancer can be easily treated. Thus, it is very important to spot the signs of prostate cancer early on.
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is slow-growing cancer. Thus, the symptoms are usually observed late. In most cases, prostate cancer is often detected during a routine check-up by the doctor.
Some of the signs of prostate cancer include:
- Frequent urgency to urinate, especially at night
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Problems having an erection
- Problems starting urination or stopping back urine
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine or blood in semen
- Stiffness in lower back, hips or upper thighs
- Painful or burning sensation in urine
- Loss or bladder or bowel control
These are some of the signs of prostate cancer. If you are experiencing any of these problems, speak to a doctor. Prostate cancer can be treated completely when caught early.
Written by: healthplus24.com team
Date last updated: August 16, 2015