Home Remedies for Gastritis
Gastritis is the condition where inflammation, irritation or erosion of the lining of the stomach occurs.
Several home remedies for gastritis bring relief from the discomforting symptoms.
Let us have a look at the top home remedies for gastritis in the following paragraphs.
How to Treat Gastritis at Home
The painful inflammation of the stomach lining can be caused by many factors.
The most common cause of gastritis is an infection by Helicobacter pylori. Other common causes include excessive alcohol intake, overuse of pain relievers as well as stress. Eating a poor diet can also lead to gastritis.
The following easy home remedies will help you get some relief from the discomforting symptoms.
- Drink plenty of water daily to reduce the accumulation of stomach acid. Water will help keep the pH of your stomach balanced and lower the burning sensation. Avoid drinking or substituting water with carbonated drinks such as cola or drinking citrus juices.
- Coconut water is full of minerals, vitamins and is completely natural. Drinking coconut water 3 to 4 times a day will help those suffering from gastritis.
- Ginger is a super herb that has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Take a pinch of ginger powder or add the crushed root as an infusion to your tea. It will help clear the bacterial infection that causes gastritis. You can even chew on a bit of ginger and gulp it down with water. Or you can boil ginger with water and drink the liquid.
- You can create an infusion of a pinch of ginger powder, rock salt, asafetida in warm water. Drink this concoction and you will get relief from gastritis.
- Eat a lot of papaya fruit. Papaya contains beta carotene and papain. Both these enzymes have digestive properties and help in easy digestion of food.
- Just like papaya, pineapple too contains digestive proteins. Pineapples will help digest food without causing any irritation or burning sensation.
- Peel raw potatoes and press it to remove juice. Mix this juice with warm water and drink it for treating gastritis. Raw potato juice is also very useful in rinsing the liver.
- Add peppermint leaves to your tea or chew on them as salad. Peppermint leaves contain menthol that helps in prevention of indigestion, acid reflux as well as nausea.
- A glass of buttermilk with a pinch of pepper powder will treat all you acid reflux as well as gastritis problems at night.
- Chewing on cloves will give relief to indigestion, acid reflux as well as nausea. You can grind clove to a powder and mix it with honey or drink it water to reduce vomiting and nausea.
- Carom seeds are natural antacids and helps reduce the irritation of the mucous membranes due to the acid in the stomach. Just take a teaspoon of carom seeds with a pinch of salt to treat gastritis.
- Drinking lemon juice with a pinch of salt can help cure gastritis.
- Eating yogurt is very useful in treating gastritis as it covers the stomach and intestinal lining protecting it from acid irritation.
These are some useful home remedies for gastritis. These home remedies will definitely give some relief to your condition. However, if the symptoms persists, make sure you seek medical advice. Any delay may aggravate your condition more.
Written by: Batul nafisa
Date last updated: March 04, 2016