Ayurvedic treatment for dandruff
Dandruff is one of the most common of all hair problems. It occurs due to change in weather, lack of nourishment, excessive use of hair-care products, not rinsing hair properly, sharing combs, disorder of the sebaceous glands and many more...The white dry flakes present in the scalp can settle down gradually and then it becomes difficult to get rid of them.
Ayurveda considers dandruff in the category of “Shodra Roga” and so, the treatment involves healing the “Pitta” and “Vata” through exquisite herbal remedies.
We explain you the best Ayurvedic treatment options for dandruff over here.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil with one teaspoon of amla juice (Indian gooseberry). Massage the scalp everyday with it.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Beat the ingredients and apply over the scalp twice a week
- Prepare a hair rinse by boiling margosa leaves and amla in water. After shampooing off your hair, you can use this solution as an after rinse
- Take 6 tablespoons of hot water and 2 tablespoon of vinegar. Mix them. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply dab it over your scalp. Leave it overnight and rinse off the next morning
- Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Next day form a smooth paste out of it. Cover your hair and scalp with this mask for an hour followed by washing your hair with ritha
- Heat some good amount of coconut oil with black pepper. Strain the oil and allow it to cool a bit. Massage your scalp and leave it overnight
- Squeeze out the juice from beet root and ginger root. Mix them and apply it on the scalp with a cotton ball thrice a week
- Replace your conditioner with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Use it as an after rinse to get rid of dandruff
- Heat some camphor and add it to warm coconut oil. Massage your scalp thoroughly with it and let it stay all night. Next day wash off with ritha followed by lemon water.
- Warm some wheat germ oil and get a deep root head massage every alternate day with it. Now soak a towel in hot water and cover your head with it. Wait for an hour and then rinse.
- You can paste some neem leaves and apply it over your scalp. The other option is to prepare a hair rinse by boiling the leaves in water and washing the hair in it.
- Scoop out fresh gel or pulp from the aloe vera leaves and apply it directly on your head with your fingers
- Treat your head with a massage with a concoction of warm sandalwood oil and coconut oil, followed by rinsing with amla water
- Prepare a hair mask with curd, mustard oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar. Apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave for half an hour and wash off thoroughly.
You can try these herbal remedies easily at home on observing dandruff. We suggest you to not neglect dandruff and get rid of it as soon as possible. If needed you can also visit an Ayurvedic doctor for further solutions.