Home Remedies for Pimples
Pimples and acne are probably the most bothering problem for anyone. They occur usually due excess oil production in your skin, exposure to pollution, unhealthy eating habits, and lack of proper skin care. However, pimples can also result from hormonal problems or could be a side effect of medicines.
You can try some home remedies and natural therapies to reduce them and also to get rid of the associated problems which could be redness, itchiness, soreness, etc. Have a look at the home remedies we have offered.
- Make a smooth paste with sandalwood power and rose water. Apply evenly over the pimples. Leave it until the sandalwood dries. Rinse with cold water.
- Squirt some lemon juice and dilute it with water. Dab this all over your face and leave it overnight. Next morning your pimple will considerably reduce.
- Fuller’s earth is an excellent remedy for pimples. Mix it with a little bit of honey or rose water. Apply the soft paste all over your face. Wash off after it dries.
- Make a mask with tea tree oil and Fuller’s earth. You can also substitute lavender oil with tea tree oil. Add a bit of water to it for consistency. Leave on your face overnight and rinse off early morning.
- Mix pure mustard power with honey. Cover the pimples only with this mixture. You do not need to apply this on the rest portion of your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Chop and crush a few fresh garlic slices. If you have ample time, you can extract the juice and dab on the pimples with a cotton ball. Repeat 2 times a day for 15 minutes and see how quickly your pimples disappear.
- Whip out the egg white from the yolk. Apply the egg white on your face or only over the pimples. It will dry automatically after a while. Clean your face either with cold milk or plain water.
- The juice of tomato acts like an astringent. Cut a slice and rub your face with the pulp for 10 minutes. Leave it on your skin to let your skin soak all the natural goodness. Wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- The goodness of neem in curing pimples and acne is known since ancient times. Crush and grind few neem leaves and make a smooth paste. Apply it over the pimples. Let it dry and then rinse.
- Get some apple cider vinegar if you are prone to pimples. Cleanse your face with apple cider vinegar or dab it with a cotton wool all over your face 2-3 times a day. It’s an excellent home remedy for pimples.
- The simplest remedy for pimples is to rub them gently with ice cubes. You can also prepare ice cubes with water melon or green tea.
- Extract the pulp of aloe vera and apply it over the pimples or all over your face to get rid of them.
- Cut a few cucumber slices. Rub the slices all over the face especially on the pimples. You can also dab the pimples with the juice of cucumber.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds overnight in water. Crush them and make a paste. Apply the mask on the pimples.
Points to remember:
- Keep you face clean. Splash water on your face several times a day
- Do not use cosmetics or even the home remedies that cause irritation to your skin
- Do not play with the pimples or try to squeeze them
- If they persist, make sure you consult a dermatologist
Try the home remedies and say good bye to pimples!
Date last updated: January 17, 2015