Bring a change in your eating habits
1. Breakfast is a must. Have a heavy and filling breakfast
2. Be careful with your mid-meal snacks. Don’t grab random things
3. Have small lunch, followed by snacks after 2 hours
4. Make it a habit to eat your dinner by 8 pm and nothing after that
Breakfast: Pick whole grains for your breakfast. Oatmeal, brown bread, wheat pasta, muesli or bran flakes with skimmed milk are healthy options. You can also add a fruit like banana or apple to cereal or scrambled/boiled egg in your breakfast. Peanut butter toast, chicken or vegetable sandwiches are also good for you.
Pre-lunch snacks: If you haven’t included fruits in your breakfast, then have it during your pre-lunch snacks. Blueberries, pears, peaches, plums, pineapples, papaya, watermelons, oranges, grapefruits, limes, etc. are ideal before lunch. You can snack in salads prepared from lettuce, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, also.
Lunch: As said before, do not stuff your belly with a heavy meal. Some healthy options for lunch include a cup of brown rice with soup of lentils or pulses. You can have grilled or baked chicken and fatty fishes like salmon, sardines, rohu, etc. Some prefer wraps and tortillas too, but make sure they are prepared from whole grains. Alter the menus with vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage, celery, kale, carrots, beans, etc. They are zero fat foods!
Post lunch snack: Do not starve yourself till dinner. Munch on some snacks 2-3 hours before dinner. Your options for post lunch snacks could be a handful of almonds, walnuts or peanuts, whole grain crackers, low fat milk shakes or smoothies, fat free buttermilk or lassi (make sure it’s free of cream) or sugar free fresh fruits juices.
Dinner: The last meal of your day should be extremely light. This is the ultimate secret to having flat belly. Try to avoid carbohydrates at dinner because your body’s metabolism begins to slow down in the evening. Go for baked versions of olives, carrots, beans, fish, etc. Make delighting soups with mixed vegetables, chicken stew or salads, if you prefer.
Forget the following foods at all cost if you are vying for that sexy flat belly...
- Refined sugar products – cakes, pastries, cookies, jellies, etc.
- Refined flour products- pizzas, breads, burgers, pancakes, etc.
- French fries, chips, potato wedges, pop corns, etc.
- Red meat like beef, pork, mutton, hot dogs and too much sea fish
- Too many carbonated drinks and caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee
- Full cream cheese, butter, cottage cheese, full cream yogurt and ghee
Follow these tips to bring the change in you. Good luck!
Written by: healthplus24.com team
Date last updated: May 24, 2014