Natural wonder: Asparagus
Many people believe in asparagus to be the perfect food! And yes; why not? This green vegetable is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which take care of your health in the best way.
We have noted down the natural wonders of asparagus in the next content. Discover them!
Asparagus is packed with healthy fibers
The fiber content of asparagus is immensely high, making it one of the most useful vegetables for your intestinal health. We recommend you to eat asparagus to get relief from constipation problems and to protect your colon from inflammatory diseases.
Pick asparagus in your weight loss menu
Asparagus is one such wonder food that you can eat everyday without worrying about putting on weight. The reason – it has zero fat zero cholesterol and zero sodium; and that’s all you need to lose weight. Stir fry the sticks in olive oil or simply frill them to make your weight loss cuisine more delighting.
Nourish yourself vitamin complex by eating asparagus
Asparagus contains all the B group vitamins required for proper functioning of your body.
Some of the noted health benefits that you achieve by consuming asparagus are:
- Optimizes your metabolic machinery and cellular growth and regeneration
- Boost your taste, appetite and energy
- Increases production of red blood cells
- Improves your brain power, nourishes your nervous systems, controls mood and improves your cognitive function
Asparagus contains significant amounts of folic acid (vitamin B9) which is vital for women during their pregnancy. Eating this vegetable would help you to suffice your folic acid need naturally and would protect your baby from neural tube defects.
Asparagus is a wonderful natural resource of iron
One cup of asparagus contains about 9.1% of iron which is immensely helpful you. Iron is needed by both men and women, especially for the latter gender. Consider eating a cup of asparagus daily if you are having anemic symptoms like weakness, fatigue, lack of appetite, etc., hair fall, menstrual cramps and general feeling of being sick. Once your iron levels are managed these symptoms will eventually disappear.
Asparagus improves efficiency of your vital organs
This exotic green vegetable contains potassium, magnesium and a wide range of micronutrients including manganese, copper, zinc, and selenium; thereby proving extremely beneficial for your heart, kidneys, liver and lungs. Worth to mention, eat asparagus if you have a heart disease or have irregular heart rate; it’s because the potassium and magnesium help significantly to manage these problems.
Improve your immunity with Asparagus
Asparagus is a reservoir of natural antioxidants and immune boosting vitamins like vitamin A, C and E. Eating asparagus helps you in the following way:
- Vitamin C improves your immunity towards a wide range of viral and bacterial infections
- The flavonoids- lutein, zea-xanthin, and carotenes act as free radical scavengers and protect your cells from cancers and degenerative diseases
- Asparagus is good for your eyes. It’s one of those foods that you must eat to improve your vision and reduce your chances of macular degeneration
- The goodness of vitamin E is pronounces on your skin and hair with regular consumption of asparagus.
Written by: healthplus24.com team
Date last updated: December 25, 2014